As many of you know, SB16 is a piece of legislation that can end up being a crushing blow to Indian Prairie and a large number of other districts in DuPage county and around the state.
This week, open hearings will be occurring for legislators to hear our voice. Superintendent Dr. Karen Sullivan will be one of the people speaking against this bill.
There is something you can do to help. Please follow these steps to let your voice be known. (Parts of text below is courtesy of Downers Grove Patch and Rep. Ron Sandack).
1. Click here. [Note there are a lot of people with thoughts about this so you might get an error message at first. Keep trying!]
2. Complete sections I and II. For “Firm/Business or Agency,” enter “taxpayer” or “school district taxpayer” or some other identifying words.
3. Under “III Position,” select the “opposed” button.
4. Under “IV Testimony,” people may file an optional written statement that will be shared with all of the committee members. Because these optional statements must be faxed or hand-delivered, Representative Sandack is asking those who wish to submit a written statement to email the statement to his office at: email@example.com. He will hand-deliver them. Those who do not wish to submit a written statement should just select the “Record of Appearance Only” button.
5. Fill in the verification code.
6. Click the box to accept the terms.
7. Click “Create Slip”.
Also, if you’d like to email your legislator, please click here and visit the IEA page to find your legislator and let them know how you feel about this bill.
Under this bill, Indian Prairie could stand to lose another $10.4 million. This is on top of the $40 million we have already cut. Please take the time to fill out the form.
We’ll keep you updated!